Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rodeo, Corn, and Bike Helmets


Sorry for the randomness, I don't feel like making multiple posts.
Jeff and I went to the Lehi Rodeo last weekend which was a lot of fun! I think it was taking me back to my Texas roots. We went without kids. At first I was sad they weren't there because they would have loved it, but within an hour every kid there was falling asleep, or more likely, just being whiny. Then I was really glad we got a babysitter for the night! I think this might turn into an annual event for us, anyone interested in joining us?

Jane is a picky eater, so I am surprised when she eats anything. She said she wanted corn on the cob. When your kid wants to try a vegetable, you stop at nothing to make it happen. She tried it and loved it! When she tried to take her first bite, she said "My teeth too big" which really just meant she couldn't bite into it. After we told her to take a big bite, she quickly got the hang of it and was ferociously attacking the corn.

Ryan didn't get corn on the cob, but I did let him eat yogurt by himself. He's still not good at all at getting it in his mouth, but it keeps him happy while we eat, so it works for everyone!



I am going to do a sprint triathlon! I have until November to train and get ready. I am comfortable with the swim, but my running and biking needs some work. I started running about 2 months ago and I'm seeing progress slowly. But biking! I have not ridden a bike in forever!!! The first time I got back on my bike, I thought why do people say "it's like riding a bike"? I looked like the five year old down the street learning to ride a bike. But, I'm getting better at it. The problem now is I need to find a nice big cushiony seat for my nice big cushiony seat! Those bike seats kill my booty! I thought having a little extra back there would help, not so! I posted pictures of the kids in their helmets (that I know I need to make them wear in the bike trailer) because I don't have a picture of me on a bike yet. And if I did, I wouldn't post it cuz my face would be cringing with pain!

6 comments:

DizzyLizzy said...

Jane is too cute! I found your blog off of Carlie's. We should keep in touch! It's so fun to see pictures of familiar faces for me right now!

Laura said...

A triathlon? Wow, you are ambitious! Good luck with that!

We went to the Heber Rodeo last year for Chris's birthday. We had a great time. I think we are going to make it a family tradition (and possibly throw in the demolition derby too...) We're hicks...

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big. Jane reminds me of you and Sarah in the face. Jeff (brother!) is all grown up now. That's great he is so close to you guys! I checked out Sarah and Steve's blog, too. They all look great. Sarah is looking more like you, especially with that short hair. Tell the fam hello!

Lindsay said...

wow a triathalon??!! Good for you. It sounds like fun. The rodeo sounds like fun too. i love going to rodeos. jeff and I went the NFR this year, it was jeff's first rodeo he had ever been to and he had a great time. maybe next year we can come with you guys.

Jamie said...

How sad that you've been to the Lehi Rodeo and we've lived her almost 4 years and still haven't been??? We always seem to be out of town that week. Next year!

I'm way impressed about the triathlon...Jared keeps trying to get me to do one, but I'm sure I'd drown :)

MommyMert said...

Mmmmmmm.. corn. Sounds yummy! Good job on training for the triathlon. Im proud of you for even attempting it! :)