Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Paint . . . Maybe



I would really like to paint the house this summer. I know what you're thinking, why replace a beautiful shade of mint green? It is nice to live in the only green house in the neighborhood. I can always say I live in the green house and everybody knows what I'm talking about. But, I think it's time for a change. Who knows if this will even happen because as you can probably also see, the shingles need to be replaced soon too. My question is this - What Color?! The brick has some orangey tints to it, so I need something to compliment it. And every other house I know is painted the color of our garage door, so I am inclined to do something different. I am taking any and all suggestions, the sky is the limit, please help me!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sorry, I have no ideas for painting. I wish I could help but...
I saw Jeff tonight. He stopped by on their way to play basketball. Brooklyn and Alivia were asking me where his cute little baby girl was. Brooklyn said Jane is "way cute"... of course, we all agreed. I wish you could have come down. If you change your mind, you are welcome to come stay here!

Scott said...

You should find someone who is really good at photo editing and have them mess around with the color in the photo so you can see what different colors look like.

Or, consider that Pantone selected "Blue Iris" as its color of the year for 2008, so perhaps that's the right one for you. Probably aren't a lot of those in the neighborhood, either.

Laura said...

Here are 2 options for you... The first is Blue Iris so you can be the red, white, and blue house on the block (show your American pride!)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/laurameans/house/kthouseblue.jpg

Or, I really think a chocolate brown would look good with the red brick....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/laurameans/house/kthousebrown.jpg

Laura said...

Hmmm... it cuts off the links... let's see if blogger will let me do direct links...


Blue House



Brown House

MommyMert said...

Ooh.. I love the blue Laura suggested... :) Brown is not my fav.. ironically since I LIVE in a brown house. I am thinking capecod gray for mine, what do you think?

Crissy said...

How about mustard yellow...now that would stand out! :-)

We can't wait for you to be here in a week!! Parker is getting ready to share his cars with Jane AND Ryan (since I'm sure Ryan will want in on the action too).

Then you can see how "beautiful" our siding paint job is.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have any color suggestions, sorry. I'm the one who has painted my bedroom 3 times and still not happy with the color! Anyway, I didn't know you had a house!! How fun. I have no idea when that day will come for me!

Shelly said...

I love the blue choice. Maybe even paint your garage red...hhhmmm..maybe not. But are you sure you can get Jeff to paint the whole house??? Or are you gonna have that same guy...can't remember his name, the spanish speaking fella come and paint again????

Carlie said...

I don't know what color, but I've heard from a few contractors that you should always paint your trim lighter than your main color. Look around, most houses are that way. Good luck!

Aubrey said...

I don't have any color suggestions, I just wanted to say Hi! I saw you on Carlie's blog :)

Robyn said...

I would probably consider a darker shade of green with trim the color of the garage - but that's just me
I like green. But the right color of blue could work. I'm not sure about the one that's displayed above. There's a blue house out here that I like alot and it looks good with their red door. Lots of color combos here in Daybreak you could look at when you get the time.