Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Santa


Finally, a good Santa picture! This year I decided to not make my kids sit on Santa's lap. Usually I do because I think the screaming pictures are hilarious, but this year I thought why would I do that to my kids? I should be praising them that they're uncomfortable sitting on a strange man's lap and want to scream and run away! Isn't that what I've been trying to teach them this whole time? So they asked if we were going and I said no we didn't have to, only if they wanted to. And they said they did! Weird!

Day of Santa mall visit they still wanted to go but said they were a little nervous. I told them they could just stand by Santa and didn't have to sit on his lap. When we got to the front of the line, Jane said she wanted to stand, Ryan wanted to sit on Santa's lap, and Alex didn't have a choice :) He cried at first, but calmed down once he realized Jane and Ryan were right there.

Best part was what they told Santa they wanted.
Jane - "I want a pink telescope"
Ryan - "I want a blur telescope"

Hmmmm, hopefully the bikes will be good enough ;)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on the picture.

Toys r us has a blue and a pink telescope this week on sale for about $15. Not sure. Amanda wanted one for her birthday and I figured out it was just because Diego had one. She has been perfectly happy with it. She plays with just like Diego would. I am glad I bought the cheap one because I almost didn't and it would have been a waste for what she really wanted.