Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Alex is here!!!



Alex Gregory Hall was born on Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 9:22 am. He was 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 in. We didn't expect him to come early because we knew he was breech and I wasn't dilated at all, but he had other plans. Thursday morning I started having contractions around 4:30am. We were at the hospital by 7:30. At that point I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced, and they did an ultrasound and found he was still breech. So they started preparing for my c section and called the doctor to come. They got me ready and Alex was out of there by 9:22am! It was a crazy feeling to have someone cut me open and then stitch me back together again. Alex was the least swollen and least conehead of the three kids, so I guess that's a c section plus. On the downside, my tummy's a little sore!!! I came home from the hospital on Sunday and have been trying to recover and get used to this whole 3 kid thing! We are so excited about our little Alex and love him so much!


These are not in order and I don't feel like messing with them, but here are some recent pictures of our little cutie!

Proud Daddy
Proud Siblings (they have not left him alone since he was born!)
He was not used to having space for his legs to come out of their breech position!

Jeff in his adorable surgery outfit!
Alex with his 3 week old cousin, Nolan
My 3 kids!

9 comments:

Meghann said...

I love the three of them together! Glad you made it home and everyone is doing well!

Julie said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to see him!

Christine said...

Man he is a cutie! I'm so happy to see your new posting. I have been waiting to see. The three kiddos in the bed are so cute! It's crazy to have 3 right? Take it easy and get all back to normal! (the new normal that is) :)

Coombs Family said...

He is adorable Katie! Alex definitely looks like he belongs in your cute family. Can't wait to come see him :)

Kim said...

So cute, can't wait to see him! Hope you are doing well.

RAPN! said...

CONGRATS! What a cutie!

Cori said...

I love the last pic with all 3 kids...so adorable!

Connie said...

Yay! Congrats, he is so sweet!

Unknown said...

So cute! when will you bring him to your mothers house so I can meet him?