Friday, May 23, 2008

Party

Here are a few pics from our party last night. This first one is a tunnel that Sarah and Paul got for Ryan from Ikea. Jane and Ryan both love it!!

And here is my Dad proving that he too can fit in the tunnel.

This is the cake I made for Ryan. Almost everything that could go wrong with it, did go wrong. Like it took an hour to bake, I ran out of powdered sugar for the icing, the icing decorator broke, and even the plastic bag decorator that I resorted to broke. And basketball's are impossible to draw/ice, too many curvy lines. Anyways, I probably won't be making another basketball cake. Sorry Ryan!

Ryan liked his cake, but mostly just the icing. Can you blame him, that's the best part!

6 comments:

MommyMert said...

Love it! :) That takes skill to make a bball cake! Do your kids realize how awesome you are?

Jamie said...

W-O-W! That cake is amazing. Looks like Ryan was feeling better for his party. Can't believe he's already one!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I think the ball cake turned out great! Those pans take forever to cook in... When I said it took about 45 minutes for mine, that was on convection so an hour for a regular oven sounds about right. Looks like you guys had a great time for his birthday.

Coombs Family said...

I understand that drama makes the cake less enjoyable, but it looks great! I love the picture of your dad!

Carlie said...

Katie, did you make the cake? So cute!!