This is my favorite Carrot Cake recipe. I just made it yesterday and it didn't turn out as well because I had to make a few substitutions, and I think it works better in 2 round pans. But, if you follow the real recipe, it turns out beautiful. I love how it has pineapple in it and carrot baby food instead of shredded carrots. Crazy! but soooo good!
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 jars stage 3 baby food carrots (6 oz. each)
1 can crushed pineapple, drained (8 oz.)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Combine the dry ingredients. Add oil, eggs, and baby food. Mix on low speed. Stir in pineapple and nuts. Pour into 2 round, greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans to cool completely. Frost with your favorite cream cheese or butter cream frosting. Store in refrigerator.
3 comments:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm........
oooh..THANKS! I can't wait to try it!
Thanks for the recipe. I am planning on making carrot cupcakes for easter. I will have to try your recipe to see how yummy it is!
Post a Comment