Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Potty Training Jane, Day #1
I started potty training Jane today. It really didn't go that great. We started at about 10:00 am and finished up at about 7:30pm when she went to bed. I offered her a large assortment of drinks, but she doesn't really care about drinking, so the whole time she only peed three times - once in the potty (yea!), and 2 accidents. I was giving her dry pants checks every 10 minutes or so and giving her a treat for those. The treat was hopefully to make her thirsty, but that didn't really work. She actually drank more today than normal, but she only peed 3 times in 9 1/2 hours! I guess it shows good bladder control, but maybe too good? Tomorrow I am going to try again and this time only offer beverages as the "treat" at the dry pants checks. I think I will do a sticker chart for using the potty and washing hands also. Now where did I put all those stickers and charts from my teaching days?! I'm hoping this doesn't turn into my potty training blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck! You should just let her run around neked or throw those Baby Legs on her with her underwear. Anna and Alli did the best when they weren't wearing pants. We also said that they could get their ears pierced once they stayed dry for a week. Whatever you do, don't go back to diapers at all... keep up with it and give it at least a week before it finally starts to click for her.
Good luck! It seemed to take forever before Elisa was potty trained...about 9 months...but don't worry, it's all worth it! I feel like I tried everything to get her to do it, but in the end she decided for herself and it's been great ever since. I tried pull-ups for a while, but going straight to panties made a huge difference. I think she could tell the comfort of the diaper was gone and that she needed to pee in the toilet! Anyway, good luck with all that!
I think you should count your blessings that she doesn't drink a lot. What a blessing that you won't have to find the potty everywhere you go! Good luck! Jeff potty trained Carter and Halle so I have no words of advice for you...sorry!
Post a Comment