School has started! The kids love it and I love a teensy little break during my week when I only have one kid at home!
Ryan started preschool this year. He is taking at Miss Ann's, just like Jane did. He will be there 2 years and so far he is very excited about that! He goes Tuesday and Thursday mornings. He absolutely loves it! He has a few kids from the ward in his class, so he has some familiar faces. I always ask him who he plays with. Usually his answer is Max and sometimes Jessica, Mia, Hailey, and Cash. I ask him what he played with and he usually tells me a hamburger!? I think it's a fake kitchen toy one, but still, that's kind of weird! He also plays with legos and cars. He got to be snack boy yesterday. He brought goldfish crackers and oranges (it was orange day) and he loved getting to help pass out the treats, leading the pledge, and saying the prayer.
Going to his orientation:
Jane started kindergarten! I am so excited for her to be in elementary school. I loved school (going and teaching) so I am so happy for her to get to have so much fun there! Jeff on the other hand is a little sad that Jane is growing up and entering the real world with all its influences, good and bad. Jane loves everything about kindergarten. She goes to Cascade Elementary, and is in Mrs. Black's morning class. She knew a couple kids in her class, but has seem to make new friends. At the beginning of school she told me she was going to make one new friend everyday. When she comes home I get to hear stories about recess, boys chasing her, swinging on the swings, letter of the day, sitting at the rug, library time, computer time, and sorting. Today she told me a girl beat up the toughest boy at recess today! She was confused about morning announcements at first. She didn't know why the "voice in her room" always says what they are having for lunch when she doesn't eat lunch there! She loves all these new and exciting things and has already learned so much.
I have always loved the time of year when school starts. I am so thankful my kids have good teachers this year and I am thankful they are excited for school and excited to learn!
1 comment:
maybe you should start school too! I know a good one!
Post a Comment