Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Bug Bites
Yesterday Ryan had to go to the dentist to get a crown and a filling. We were in the waiting room and the anesthesiologist came to give him the shot to make him a little loopy. His method is to distract the kids and do it while they're not looking. I'm not sure if this really works better than the up front, I'm going to give you a shot and it's going to hurt a little approach. So anyways, Ryan was picking out prizes and then the anesthesiologist was on the side of him and said, "it's just a little bug bite" and then gave him the shot. Ryan was a little surprised and didn't cry at all. Within 2 minutes he was staring off into space and not really there. It was kinda creepy. They took him back ad did all the dental work, everything was fine. When he woke up he told me, "there was a bee on me and the guy shot it!" So I'm thinking it's not really better to think that there are bees in the dentist office and they shoot them. Whatever, it was pretty funny! It was also funny to watch him try to walk when he was still a little dizzy! I'm hoping he doesn't have to be put under again for more dental work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We did this to Brittney and it freeked me out so much I would never do it again. You could tell Brittney was scared she was loosing control and was looking at me like help me. She is still scared of the dentist. Now I just tell her to suck it up, open her mouth and deal with it. I am not sure what approach is better!
Post a Comment